Thursday, May 3, 2012

I was very excited to see these babies in the mail yesterday!




A couple of months ago, I was thrilled to get a phone call from the Executive Director of the LGBT Center of Raleigh (and dear friend) James Miller. He was in need of a designer to help make a new OutGuide for this year's OutRaleigh and I jumped at the opportunity to help.






Coming from a very small community, it was hard to be different. Especially when you are discovering you are gay. While I would conceder myself as "straight" I have experienced what it feels like to be "different." The LGBT Center and James are here for the community to have a safe environment for everyone to be themselves. While working on this project and getting to know the volunteers at the Center, I was very touched by their open arms and eagerness to help others. 

I am very honored and ecstatic to present the new 2012 OutGuide and announce that I am officially the agency of record for the OutRaleigh Event! I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do to help this amazing place!



On a related note for everyone living in NC- VOTE AGAINST!
May 8th is the last day to be able to vote against the new Amendment One law stating that only marriage and marriage between a man and a woman will be able to be recognized in the eyes of the law. That means all civil unions and single parents will no longer be able to have the same benefits as married heterosexual couples in North Carolina.

Put a stop to this and set an example for the rest of the country and VOTE AGAINST the Amendment!

To learn more about the Amendment, visit http://www.voteagainst.org
And check out James and I's cute photo we took to support the cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment